This just in from Alan Ziter, Executive Director of the NTC Foundation:
I want to let you know about some of the new art and performances at Friday Night Liberty this Friday at NTC at Liberty Station’s Arts and Culture District. There’s something for nerds, hipsters, literary types, and of course for art lovers and families. Indoors, outdoors and all around our campus. And it’s all free!
I hope you can make it out. We‘ve strived to make Friday Night Liberty at NTC an evening where multiple art forms collide, and San Diegans can have access to artist, dance performances and community groups for free! Here are some of the happenings:
- We have over 30 artist studios, 2 museums and numerous galleries all open and free. View Art! Buy Art! Make Art!
- Bravo School Of Art • Figurative Inspiration Group: FIG • Drawings and Paintings of the Human Figure. Fourteen award-winning artists gather each Tuesday at Bravo School of Art to draw and paint from an eclectic range of clothed models. Meeting weekly for almost a decade, FIG members take a unique approach to figure drawing. Models are asked to take relaxed positions, as they would in everyday settings with attitudes to tell a story. Meet the artists and view the art from this ongoing collaboration. Barracks 19, 2690 Historic Decatur Road, Studio 206
- The Market Street Group will have their first public exhibition at NTC, featuring work by their 20+ artist collaborative. Address: Barracks 14, 2770 Historic Decatur Road
- California State Parks is celebrating the 150 Anniversary of the state park system and will have a huge open house at their building Barracks 26 with new art work that is inspired by different state parks! Address: Barracks 26, 2797 Truxtun Road
- Malashock Dance’s students and students from Guitars in the Classroom will be having a collaborative performance on the Barracks 17 Plaza under the new program banner “Liberty Kids.” Address: Barracks 17 Plaza, 2710 Historic Decatur Road
- FX Dojo is hosting a Ninja Art Show with over 30 artists participating. This show is one night only! Here is more information via Facebook. Address: Building 202, 2825 Dewey Road
- So Say We All will perform from 7PM-9PM at the Barracks 17 Event Center. So Say We All has been invited to stage The VAMP Showcase as a featured event! It’s another version of their ridiculously popular VAMP at Whistle Stop. Address: Barracks 17, 2710 Historic Decatur Road
- San Diego Ballet’s students will perform at 7pm in Dance Place San Diego. Address: 2650 Truxtun Road
- The San Diego Fringe Festival will be exhibiting with some performers wandering the campus, with information about the upcoming shows for the festival.
Hope this gets you excited for Friday Night Liberty. We usually have between 500 and 800 guests a month, parking is always free and Liberty Station has tons of great restaurants to have dinner or happy hour at before or after! Including Solare Ristorante – named by San Diego Magazine Readers as “Best Italian” and “Best Chef!”
When: June 6th 5 – 9 pm
Where: NTC at Liberty Station, start at Bravo School of Art‘s studio at 2690 Historic Decatur Road, Studio 206 Barracks 19, San Diego, CA 92106
NTC at Liberty Station’s Website